What kind of feed should I use in my broadcast feeder?
- Whole, clean kernel corn is recommended. Corn mixed with soybeans or pellets is also effective for attracting and feeding deer. Most feed types that are .25 inches and smaller can be fed through the feeder.
- When not mixed with corn, some protein-pellet type feeds will absorb moisture and swell. This can clog the feeder and keep it from working properly. We recommend using one of our various gravity feeders for feeding protein pellets.
- Do not use feeds that contain mineral powders in them. The minerals and salts will cause corrosion and rust on metal spinning parts which can prevent spinner from working properly over time. We recommend using one of our various gravity feeders for feeding feeds blended with powdered minerals.
Why is there no Power? Why is the plate spinning slowly? Why is the timer blanking out?
- Make sure you are using a good 6-Volt / 5-amp Battery, such as Energizer, Duracell, or Moultrie battery. If using the D-cell converter pack, switch to a 6-Volt which can give more amperage to the motor.
- The Wildlife Directional Feeder uses a 12V / 7AH Battery and its timer needs to be switched to 12V
- If the battery is rechargeable, make sure the battery is a 6-volt / 5-amp battery and is fully charged and working properly.
- 12V / 7AH for the Wildlife Directional Feeder
- Check your battery. Just because it is new does not mean that it is a good battery. Sometimes you can get a defective battery. Lead acid batteries can also develop a bad cell over time
- Attempt a reset by pressing and holding the reset button located on the backside of your timer, where the wires come out, for 30 seconds
- If using a solar panel, ensure that the battery is connected to the feeder before you plug in or clip on the solar unit.
- Ensure the spin plate is securely on the shaft and you are using the proper dry feed.
- Cold weather will impact your batteries and can cause them to lose power or freeze. Please see additional information on FREEZING TEMPERATURES AND BATTERIES.
Why is my feeder running continuously?
- This is typically a result of reversed polarity. Make sure the battery is hooked up properly with the positive-to-positive and the negative-to-negative.
- If the battery is hooked up properly and the unit is still running, the actual battery could be defective and will need to be replaced.
How do I get replacement parts? New Feeder with missing parts?
- We list many of our replacement feeder parts on our website: https://www.moultriefeeders.com/products/feeders/feeder-accessories
- If you do not see the part you need or purchased a new feeder that is missing parts, give us a call at 1-800-653-3334 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Central time.
Missing bolt tabs for new Pro Hunter Feeder?
- The bolt tabs are located inside the battery compartment. They are in a small white box taped next to the motor.
Why is my Wildlife Directional Feeder clogging?
- If the chute is too vertical, over time, certain types of feed can accumulate and build up. Cleaning out the chute will resolve this issue
- This can also be caused by a weak, bad, or under powered battery
You can get information on how to return your product, as well as fill out a return form, by clicking on the below link: