(Q) What kind of feed should I use in my feeder?
- Whole, clean kernel corn is recommended. Corn mixed with soybeans or pellets is also effective for attracting deer. Most feed types that are .25 inches and smaller can be fed through the feeder.
- When not mixed with corn, some pellet type feeds can take on moisture and clog the feeder.
- Using salt based feeds or blends can cause corrosion and rust on parts of the feeder kit.
(Q) Why is there no Power? Why is the plate spinning slowly? Why is the timer blanking out?
- Make sure you are using a good 6-Volt / 5-amp Battery, such as Energizer, Duracell, or Moultrie battery. If using the D-cell converter pack, switch to a 6-Volt which can give more amperage to the motor.
- If the battery is rechargeable, make sure the battery is a 6-volt / 5-amp battery and is fully charged and working properly.
- Check your battery. Just because it is new does not mean that it is a good battery. Sometimes you can get a defective battery.
- Attempt a reset by pressing and holding the reset button located on the backside of your timer, where the wires come out, for 30 seconds
- If using a solar panel, ensure that the battery is connected to the feeder before you plug in or clip on the solar unit.
- Ensure the spin plate is securely on the shaft and you are using the proper dry feed.
- Cold weather will impact your batteries and can cause them to lose power or freeze. Please see additional information on FREEZING TEMPERATURES AND BATTERIES.
(Q) Why is my feeder running continuously?
- This is typically a result of reversed polarity. Make sure the battery is hooked up properly with the positive-to-positive and the negative-to-negative.
- If the battery is hooked up properly and the unit is still running, the actual battery could be defective and will need to be replaced.
(Q) How do I get replacement parts? New Feeder with missing parts?
- We list many of our replacement feeder parts on our website: https://www.moultriefeeders.com/products/feeders/feeder-accessories
- If you do not see the part you need or purchased a new feeder that is missing parts, give us a call at 1-800-653-3334 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Central time.
(Q) Missing bolt tabs for new Pro Hunter Feeder?
- The bolt tabs are located inside the battery compartment. They are in a small white box taped next to the motor.
You can get information on how to return your product, as well as fill out a return form, by clicking on the below link: