Thank you for choosing Moultrie Products. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by your camera not functioning correctly. Below are troubleshooting steps that may help alleviate the issue.
- Check the voltage on your batteries. Each battery should be at least 1.5 volts. Sometimes batteries show a high percentage battery life; however, if one of the batteries is lower than 1.5 volts, it could cause the power source to the camera to be weak.
- When using Moultrie Cameras, we recommend using Energizer Alkaline or Lithium batteries. Do not use rechargeable batteries, off-brand batteries, or batteries labelled “long-lasting”.
- Try a “hard reset”. To do this: (1) remove the batteries and the SD card from the Camera, (2) with the batteries and SD card removed, please turn on the device for one minute, (quick start or custom start). (3) After the one minute is up, turn the camera back off, insert the batteries and SD card and turn the unit back on.
- Most Moultrie Cameras support up to a 32GB SD card from Class 4 to Class 10. Class 10 cards are recommended for higher performance cameras, particularly when capturing higher resolution photos and HD video. SD and SD HC cards are recommended. Do NOT use SDXC cards, Micro/Mini cards, Ultra capacity, or highspeed cards.
- Periodically check your SD card for wear and tear, especially on the electrical contacts to ensure they are clean and in good condition. This will ensure proper connection to the camera. Additionally, it is recommended to replace SD cards every few years as they have a finite number of read/write cycles and will degrade over time even during normal operation.
- Ensure that you are using a dedicated SD card in each individual camera. As well as only deleting your photos in your Moultrie camera and not your viewing device. Either of these could create issues with the formatting of the SD card. To solve this you can use a brand new card or format the SD card in a computer
- Reformat your SD card in your camera (Erase/Delete All Images)
- Go to https://www.moultriefeeders.com/support-firmware-faq to see if your camera has a firmware update
If the above steps do not resolve your issue and your camera is still under warranty, you can get information on how to return your product, as well as fill out a return form, by clicking on the below link: