The following troubleshooting is for when you are not seeing your camera light on your modem, and do see the awake, camera, and battery/signal lights.
The modem not recognizing the camera can be caused by one of 4 things:
- Security Code on the camera
- Camera’s firmware being out of date
- The connection
- The SD Card
You can diagnose the modem not being able to recognize the camera if the modem is not uploading pictures, and when your press the test button on the side of the modem you get the awake and server light but no camera light.
Most of the time if the camera firmware is up to date and there is not security code on the camera, you can resolve the issue by unplugging the camera from the modem, turning the camera and modem off for a minute, formatting the SD card in the camera (delete all or erase all images), and plugging the camera side of the cable back.
If this does not resolve the issue, then consult the full troubleshooting below.
- Security Code
- If there is a security code on your camera you will need to reprogram it to “00000”. This turns off the security code
- Camera firmware
- Go to http://www.moultriefeeders.com/firmware-faq to ensure you have the most current firmware
- The Connection
- Make sure the USB cable is inserted properly: Push back the rubber grommet away from the plug, insert the Micro plug into the camera. Make sure you insert it in the correct direction. Then push the rubber grommet in to the camera.
- The camera must have a good set of batteries and be powered on
- Check the USB Cable- There are two ways you can do this:
- Connect the camera to your computer with the USB, turn the camera to Custom Start. The computer should recognize the camera is attached.
- Attach another USB cable to the camera and modem.
- Check the USB port on your camera for damage. If there are no pins in the port or you can see back-lighting from the buttons, the port is damaged. The first image at the bottom of this document is how the port should appear the second image is damaged.
- SD Card
- The SD card is not formatted to the camera
- Not using a recommended SD card or an SD card large than 8 GB
- SD card is corrupted, is old, or has gone bad
- SD card has been used with other devices in the past
- SD card needs to be reformatted