Downloading Photos onto Computer
- When looking at photos on PC or on the camera over 50% of the pictures say "bad file" and the file cannot be opened:
- A) This can happen when you use an SD card in multiple devices. I would start by replacing the SD card and make sure that it is a compatible SD card.
After that, format the card to the camera. take several pictures, then view them in the computer.
If the pictures are no longer corrupt, it was an SD card issue. If they continue to be corrupt, it may be a firmware issue.
- How to down load photos to my Mac.
- Connect the camera to your MAC using the USB Cable or SD Card/USB Converter, the SD Card should mount on your desktop as with any external drive. Double click on it to browse the card contents.
Although you can’t user the plot stalker software on the Mac, you can view the plot stalker videos.
Use either an adapter or connect the USB from the Mac to the camera, locate the folder that contains the files ending in .MLT on the SD card. When it mounts on your desktop, you can drag/copy/move the files to a folder on the Mac desktop. Change the MLT extension to .AVI and the video files will play in QuickTime. You can also use iMovie to convert the format from .AVI to MP4 or other formats.
If using Mac you may have to go to Book Camp software (This simulates windows.)
- How to down load using Windows.
- Format your SD card to your camera by 1st putting the card in the camera and deleting it. After you have taken your first pictures you will need to connect to your computer to view them.
1st – Turn PC on and go to My Computer/This PC on the desktop. Hook up the camera to the computer with a USB cable or place the card in a USB adapter.
2nd- Turn the camera on making sure there are images on the card.
(Ex. 0003/1000) this tells me I have 3 pictures taken and approximately 1000 pictures left to take. (You don’t know how many people try and down load picture and they don’t have any.)
4th –Your camera should appear as a removable drive on your PC.
(Camera should say USB connect.) Click on the drive labeled Moultriecam. The DCIM folder will have your images stored in it. If you’re PC ask for software or says The Moultriecam drive is not available, then you will need to restart your Computer with the camera connected and the camera powered on. Then when the computer completely reboots, go to My Computer/This PC and look for the Moultriecam drive. You should be able to find your pictures now.