Downloading Photos onto Computer
- When looking at photos on PC or on the camera over 50% of the pictures say "bad file" and the file cannot be opened:
- A) This can happen when you use a SD card in multiple devices. I would start by replacing the SD card and make sure that it is an SD certified card.
Then I would format the card to the camera. Take several pictures then view them in the computer.
If the pictures are no longer corrupt it was an SD issue. If they continue to be corrupt it may be a firmware issue.
- How to down load photos to my Mac.
- Connecting the camera to your MAC using the USB Cable or SD Card/USB Converter, the SD Card should mount on your desktop as with any external drive. Double click on it to browse the card contents.
Although you can’t user the plot stalker software on the Mac, you can view the plot stalker videos.
Using an adaptor or connecting the USB to the Mac and the camera, locate the folder that contains the files ending in .MLT on the SD card when it mounts on your desktop. You can drag/copy/move them to a folder on the Mac desktop. Change the MLT extension to .AVI and the video files will play in QuickTime. You can use iMovie to convert the format from .AVI to MP4 or other formats.
If using Mac you may have to go to Windows Fusion VM software (This simulates windows.) Also you can try Boot Camp.
- How to down load using Windows.
- Make sure your PC can down load a camera that can take a 16 gig card. Older PC can’t. The thumb nails will down load but when you try and view them they will become fragmented. (Scrambled). Also make sure you are using a new SD card and it hasn’t been in any other cameras. Format your SD card to your camera by 1st putting card in camera and deleting it. After you have taken your 1st pictures you will need to down load with your camera to put Moultrie’s software on your PC. Instructions below.
1st – Turn PC on and go to my computer. Hook up USB cable to PC. Make sure you’re not in a high-speed port.
2nd- Turn camera on. Check and make sure you have pictures on your camera.
(Ex. 0003/1000) this tells me I have 3 pictures taken and approximately 1000 pictures left to take. (You don’t know how many people try and down load picture and they don’t have any.)
3rd- Hit mode button go to Set up.
4th –Plug USB cord from PC to your camera. You should see it on your PC.
(Camera should say USB connect.) Go to my computer on your PC. Click on Moultriecam drive / DCIM file and follow instruction on your PC. This will download software from camera to your PC and now you should be able to down load your pictures with an SD card reader. If you’re PC ask for software or says The Moultriecam drive is not available, then you will need to restart your Computer with the camera connected and the camera powered on and in setup mode, then when the computer completely reboots. Go to My Computer and look for the Moultriecam drive. You should be able to down pictures now. If not make sure you’re not in a high speed USB port as our cameras don’t have high speed connect. And if using Vista it may be harder to down load drive. You should now be able to use your card reader on your PC. Some card readers will only let you use up to a 1 gig card.