If your Over-The-Air firmware did not update on your XV-7000i or XA-7000i cellular camera, then you will need to perform a manual power cycle for that camera. This requires physically turning the power off and on. IMPORTANT: Please take a fresh set of batteries (12 AA) as you must have at least 30% battery for the update to take place. Please follow the below instructions carefully:
- To powercyle, manually turn your camera’s on/off button to the OFF position and wait 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, turn the camera’s on/off button to the ON
- The camera’s LED lights will begin to blink. This can take several minutes. Do NOT turn camera off during this phase.
- Once all LED lights turn off, follow the How To Verify Firmware Update steps below.
- If your firmware has not updated, then follow the powercycle step one more time to finish the update. Once powercycle finishes and all LED lights are off, re-check your firmware numbers to ensure they are updated.
How To Verify Firmware Update
App: Simply log onto your Moultrie Mobile app and click on the “Cameras” icon and then click "Details" for each Cellular Trail Cam. Under the “ModemFirmware” section, the firmware version should be 1.1.3. Under the “Camera Firmware” section, the firmware version should be J726XA50i if you have an XA-7000i camera and J726XV50i if you have a XV-7000i camera.
Website: If logged into your account on the website, click “Devices” in top right corner, then click “View Cameras” from drop down. Under the “Modem Information” section, the firmware version should be 1.1.3. Under the “Camera Information” section, the firmware version should be J726XA50i if you have an XA-7000i camera and J726XV50i if you have a XV-7000i camera.